Media coverage of WIOCC funding announcement and OADC launch releases
The launch of Open Access Data Centres and the associated funding announcement by WIOCC were reported widely by a broad cross-section of national and international media titles.
To read a particular piece of coverage, click on the story headline below and this will open up the appropriate page on the media outlet website where the story was originally published.
- DataCentre magazine – WIOCC raises US$200mn for Africa hyperscale expansion and OADC announces US$500mn investment in Africa data centres
- Data Center Dynamics – Subsea cable firm WIOCC raises $200 million for new pan-African data centre company
- Data Centre & Network News – Transforming provisions across Africa
- Capacity – WIOCC raises $200 million to expand network connectivity and WIOCC’s data centre co to host Equiano and 2Africa landings
- Developing Telecoms – WIOCC raises $200m to expand African connectivity
- ITWeb – WIOCC raises US$200m to expand connectivity and datacentre rollout
- MyBroadband – Major undersea cable operator raises R3.2 billion — will fund data centre in Durban
- SubTel Forum – WIOCC Completes USD 200 Million Debt & Equity Capital Raise Open Access Data Centres in Africa
- TechCentral – WIOCC raises R3.2-billion as it pursues Africa data centre opportunity
- Telecompaper – WIOCC raises USD 200 million for new data centre arm, connectivity expansion and OADC to invest USD 500 mln in African data centres
- Telecom Review – 2Africa, Equiano subsea cable landing stations to be hosted in new data centres
- Total Telecom – WIOCC secures $200 million of debt and equity capital to fund expansion strategy