Reporting Line: Field Team Leader
Job Objective: Provide field support, resolve incidents and assigned problems, install, maintain and manage network equipment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- 1st Level 24/7 field support, escalation/on-call
- Proactive monitoring of equipment & facilities
- Network installation, testing & commissioning, bringing into service, integration
- Cross connects & jumping
- Maintain records, inventory and spares
- Receive equipment, bench test, storage and RMA return handling
- Incident and problem resolution as directed by NOC / TAC
- Provide Service Desk/NOC cover during an emergency/disaster recovery event
- Assist with technical shareholder support/shareholder consultancy and sales support
- Assist with network equipment vendor management
- Assist with network quality and performance management
- Assist with the creation of ad hoc reports as needed
- Assist other departments, lead and report on projects as requested by the Programme Manager
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a technical field
- Technical certifications CCNA or JNCIA (desirable) or equivalent
Experience & Skills
- Requires technical experience in telecom industry including data centre installations
- Knowledge of platforms including OTN, DWDM, SDH, Data (Ethernet, IP/MPLS, OSPF, BGP)
- Knowledge in supporting transmission and switching equipment from leading manufacturers. i.e. Mikrotik, Juniper, Tejas Networks, etc.
- Experience working with AC and DC power as well as PSU units.
- Ability to share knowledge and coach other team members
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent communications and soft skills, including the ability to listen to, summarize and concisely share key information with clients
- Must use B/OSS tools effectively to record information accurately and concisely in a timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Good English language communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
- Excellent network diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel abroad to support the network
- Client-focused; relationship builder
- Integrity; honest with high ethical standards
- Boundless; passionate and flexible
- Personal excellence; accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaborative; achieve results through teamwork and partnership
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their application letter and updated CV including three referees. The deadline for application is 28th October 2020. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job position in the Subject Line.
Field Engineer – UK
United Kingdom/Full Time
Provide field support, resolve incidents and assigned problems, install, maintain and manage network equipment.