Carrier IP Transit offers clients carrier-grade IP connectivity to global internet content. This high-quality, high-availability service, designed for use by carriers, ISPs, content providers and other service providers, can be extended to virtually any client location via WIOCC Global Connectivity service.
The service is implemented on WIOCC’s high-performance IP network infrastructure, which interconnects Africa with Europe, the Middle East and Asia, extending across large parts of sub-Saharan Africa via WIOCC partner and shareholder networks. The redundancy built into this network enables traffic to be protected – switching to an alternate path in the event of underlying transmission failure.
WIOCC clients enjoy improved access to the global internet and benefit from enhanced network redundancy, through peering established at international internet exchange points in Virginia and New York in the USA, London, Marseille, Amsterdam and Frankfurt. WIOCC’s IP PoPs and peering in South Africa and elsewhere in Africa help serve regional content directly.
- comprehensive reach
- uncontended bandwidth
- dedicated 1:1 traffic protection
- ethernet capacities up to and beyond 10Gbps
- comprehensive Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- efficient and resilient regional routing – where possible, traffic is routed locally, not ‘tromboned’ through other central locations
- on-net service: within 35 days
- off-net service: subject to suppliers’ lead time commitments
Contract term flexibility to meet specific business needs and financial models:
- one year or multi-year