Beyond connectivity: WIOCC Group is transforming Africa’s digital economy
From cloud operators and content providers to telcos and Internet Service Providers (ISPs), digitally-based businesses can now build the operations they want in Africa by taking advantage of WIOCC Group’s unique converged open-access digital infrastructure (CODI), which is helping accelerate the continent’s digitisation.
Unique digital infrastructure goes beyond connectivity
By combining a pan-Africa, carrier-neutral, open-access data centre operation (Open Access Data Centres, OADC) with a hyperscale, open-access, high-capacity, resilient subsea and terrestrial network (WIOCC), WIOCC Group has developed a unique digital infrastructure – a flexible mesh of open-access connectivity hubs (core-to-edge data centres) interlinked through open-access networks – which significantly improves connectivity and data management into, out of and within Africa.
CODI, the latest ground-breaking, client-focused innovation from WIOCC Group, goes beyond connectivity and is innately customisable. CODI enables clients of all sizes – from major content providers, cloud operators, fixed-line and mobile telcos to major enterprises, large ISPs and smaller WISPs – to expand their operations across Africa exactly how and when they want.
“Developing market-transforming, client-focused, connectivity-related innovations has been part of WIOCC’s DNA since we were formed 15 years ago”, stated Chris Wood, Group CEO of WIOCC Group.
Working with WIOCC Group and taking advantage of its unique CODI offering gives clients access to a wide range of valuable benefits, including:
- Access to vibrant, interconnected, integrated digital eco-systems
- The freedom to choose carriers that meet their specific needs
- Reduced operational complexities and costs, with spend moved from Capex to Opex
- Rapid scalability and flexibility
- An opportunity for cloud services to get closer to the point of consumption in Africa, providing enhanced user experience through reduced latency
- Access to local expertise and support, to help regional and global clients access pan-Africa opportunities
“Our unique CODI offering gives clients the ability and flexibility to build the businesses they want now and in the future. Let’s connect and together we can help you grow your business where and how you want to”, concluded Chris Wood.