WIOCC ISP Transit service is designed specifically for ISPs requiring dedicated access to the internet, delivering a high-quality, efficient and cost-effective way to achieve global internet connectivity. This is enabled through WIOCC’s public and private peering relationships and partnerships with Tier-1 operators and transit-free peering agreements with major global and African IP networks on a national and international basis.
Clients are protected against IP traffic loss in the event of underlying transmission failure by WIOCC’s extensive high-speed, self-healing network, which is architected for redundancy using east and west Africa paths.
WIOCC can provide Ethernet capacities from 20Mbps up to and beyond 10Gbps.
Broad service availability in the Johannesburg/Pretoria Metro area:
- directly from WIOCC IP PoP and Metro Connect locations
WIOCC IP network benefits:
- efficient – access to the entire global internet
- optimised – 70% of traffic on WIOCC’s IP network is through peering
- protected – WIOCC’s underlying IP network has African east/west coast ring protection
- high-performance – WIOCC’s service is delivered with minimal contention backed up with a comprehensive Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- state-of-the-art – support for IPv6 and IPv4
- efficient and resilient regional routing – where possible, traffic is routed locally, not ‘tromboned’ through other central locations
- on-net service: within 35 days
- off-net service: subject to suppliers’ lead time commitments
Contract term flexibility to meet specific business needs and financial models:
- one year or multi-year